Stud wall on chipboard floor located between joists

I want to move a radiator which is fixed to a stud wall, this will mean re-routing pipes. Before started to lift the chipboard floor I checked the stud wall and found that it is on the chipboard floor and between joists. Some of the chipboard sheet runs into the next room so if I cut the board part of the stud will lie over an unsupported chipboard sheet.
Has anyone come across this situation before and what's the best way to handle it.
Many Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 27, 1:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@fortbaxter.mil wrote:

2 options 1 - lift the chip, insert noggins 2 - build the wall on top of the chipfloor. This works fine in practice.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
On 27/09/2011 13:32, snipped-for-privacy@fortbaxter.mil wrote:

Are you sure that there aren't any noggins between the joists to support the wall? If there *are*, they will also provide some support for the cut chipboard.
--
Cheers,
Roger

I haven't lifted any chipboard yet. I'll probably lift one of the smaller end pieces and have a look underneath. Maybe they did put in the noggins to suport the wall.
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 27, 4:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@fortbaxter.mil wrote:

Don't be too disappointed if you find they haven't. A lot of British homes are put up on price-work by speculator who don't know any better. Just content yourself with the idea you are not alone. HTH.
Add pictures here
✖