Stuck down kitchen floor

I managed to pick up the very heavy duty vinyl that had previously been stuck down all over. That's left a residue of some fairly thick adhesive. Do I need to sand that off before applying some self levelling compound?
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 17:05:36 UTC, GB wrote:

I would, otherwise large areas will be unbonded & unsupported. I'm not sure sanding is the way to do it.
NT

That's roughly what I thought. So, does anyone have any idea how to get the stuff off, please?
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 22:51:49 UTC, GB wrote:

SDS drill with a chisel bit (assuming it's a concrete floor) and just tickle the surface of the concrete gently.
Small areas can be done with manual application of an old wood chisel.
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

I've just done a moderate area here. What was on the concrete seemed to be a black, presumably painted on waterproof, layer, with, in certain areas, a glue layer on top. I haven't replaced the waterproof layer, which didn't seem very consistent anyway, but just used an old chisel and a paint scraper to remove most of the glue. Took a few days of intermittent work.
As I'm doing a temporary bodge, I've just laid stick-on tiles on top. What no one told me and I didn't think about was the temperature. The tiles say "Do not install below 17 deg C". It was -3 outside when I installed them in the normally unheated "scullery". The fan heater didn't seem to make much difference to the concrete floor temp.
--
Bill

I used a floor sander on my similar kitchen floor, after removing the vinyl.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 60th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3183