Strange Cupboard

Unfortunately I don't live there - and neither do I have "inflated idea of my (their) own importance." - I simply wished to confirm a recommendation that I was given, as I suspect you would do so.

Fortunately I don't live there either.

T Williams

Reply to
T Williams

My head is in the normal place, my ego is on par with yours, I have never been in the armed forces, I am Internet, forum and newsgroup savvy - and I thought your name was in fact "brass monkey" and not "Jesus H friggin Christ" or perhaps *YOUR* ego allows you to walk on water?

I have not seen any work that "Dave" has done, so I cannot comment on that - I simply checked a recommendation and based only on what I read, I made a decision not to employ 'Dave'.

By the way, with a name like "brass monkey", I must presume that you lack some 'balls' in a rather delicate area?

T Williams

Reply to
T Williams

On the contrary, many customers aren't actually very profitable and are a bit of an obstacle to getting some worthwhile paid work done.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Pesumably they thought you'd lower the tone of the neighbourhood.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed. Note my Moniker.

However there comes a point where some customers you dont want as customers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not in business then, are you?

There are an increasing number of people with unrealistic expectations. They seem to feel that they are entitled to a gold plated service for a knock down price.

People like this are more trouble than they are worth why should you bother with them when there are plenty more realistic customers out there ?

Reply to
geoff

OK Fuckwit, e mail me off list with the name of the person who recommended me and we can confirm you are for real.

No problem with client confidenciality, I will already know who it is, and I won't post the details.

Put up or shut up.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sharp as a knife, this one.

Reply to
brass monkey

The soup kitchens again for you young feller m'lad, looks as though 'the major' won't be hiring you.

Reply to
brass monkey

Definitely!

Exactly!

Reply to
<me9

Actually, he should have balls of iron.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Clearly my life is over. I shall wind up the business & allow my family to starve...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Good point Colin :-)

Actually he wouldn't need any balls or monkeys at all.

The Medway Handyman

Tanner OP, Unbeliever, Squared?

To quote from one of Mr Plowmans sigs - "What am I? Fly paper for freaks?"

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

yea, I've seen that one before :D

Reply to
brass monkey

still like the cannon ball theory, especially as I have been to a Napoleonic era fort where they have iron cannon balls on brass supports and they claim they did actaully fall off one very cold winter. If you look for alternatives, the term monkey is applied to so many bits of machinery, it could refer to almost anything.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Didn't the old song go...

'With his balls of steel and his c*ck of brass'?

Dave

ps

Can anyone recite the tale of the Good ship Venus?

Reply to
Dave

You asked for it -

brass monkey

A large part of it.

I used to have a typed up copy of the ballad of Eskimo Nell, which is, I think, one of the finest works of poetry in the English language..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This might be of interest from another group...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)