Storage heaters running costs

Just follow the 24h weather forecast, and look at the temperature profile overnight, adjust input accordingly. A bit of testing should tell you what the settings should be. I had them in last (2 bed) flat, they seemed to work ok. They were rather old ones, and didn't keep enough heat all day when it was particularly cold, so we needed extra heating on some evenings.

#Paul

Reply to
news11paul

Well that was the reason I asked:-)

And even better, make sure hat you know how to use a storage heater. Lots of people just leave them with the input control on full.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Did she not consider the method of heating and its cost upon viewing the property?????

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

She's not really in the position to be that choosy about where she lives.

Reply to
Thumper

As long as she knows how to use the heaters properly then there is not a problem. It will cost her more to run than a gas CH system and electric storage is not as convenient or comfortable as gas but it really is not the end of the world.

Ignore the doom and gloom merchants.

Reply to
ARWadsworth