Broken Window

> What is the maximum reliable reading an anemometer can give? > > > I gather that it is only fairly recently that satellites have been > > able to estimate wind speeds and thus supply estimates over F12. > > > Super Cyclone MONICA 17-24 April 2006 Cat 5 135 knots; 155 mph. > > >
Most of the anemometers we supply are rated for in specification measurem=

ents of up to at least 60m/s;

Vector Instruments A100R and A100 LK both have max measurements of around= 75 m/s. > RM Youngs 05103 model has a maximum measurement reading of 60 m/s but off=

ers a maximum gust survival of 100 m/s.

Details of our wind sensor range can be found at >
> Iain Thornton > Campbell Scientific Europewww.facebook.com/campbellscientificeurope Interesting site.

More interesting you are not interested in advertising the link. Not that I don't believe you.

Wind Converter:

100 m/s =3D 194 knots 360 kph and 224 mph. But only 12 Beaufort?
's try that in American: 223.7 mph
194.4 knots 100 m/s (meters per second) 328.1 ft/s (feet per second) 360 km/h (kilometers per hour)
beaufort?

This is a brill site but maybe I should have just posted a link?

Wind Scales Beaufort Wind Scale

Beaufort Number or Force Wind Speed Description Effects Land / Sea mph km/hr knots

0
Reply to
Weatherlawyer