Stone sealers

I have laid some natural limestone floor tiles, very pale, porous and open grained. I haven't grouted yet and I am thinking I should treat them with something before I drag coloured grout across them, which is
the recommended procedure. I left topps tiles without buying their sealant already shocked at the price of all the 'extras' . I wondered if I might use something cheaper, since this is only a little patch of stone floor in an outbuilding and not an area of heave wear.
So what is a stone sealer? like a varnish? synthetic? oil? PVA? Acrylic? wax? What would enhance the appearance of my limestone and make it easier to clean? preventing the grout from staining it while allowing the grout to stick itself in the joins?
TW
On 30/07/2020 21:53, TimW wrote:

It's alright I found the screwfix own brand no nonsense stuff and bought it. Still have no idea what it actually is and does. It's like a strange water repellant, milky thing.
TW
On Friday, 31 July 2020 14:43:31 UTC+1, TimW wrote:

If it's NoNonsense, nothing. I'll buy cheap, but not NoNonsense.
NT
On 31/07/2020 18:11, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [...]

I have never had a problem with any of it. Filler, pva, silicon, caulk, scrapers, rollers, all that sort of thing, seems fine to me.
TW

I've a few found NoNonsense branded products from Screwfix to be quite good.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk