Sticky Binoculars

You're replying to a 5 year old posting.

Still, I suppose you made up for that by having 5 goes at it.

Reply to
Huge

Very fine emery cloth?

Reply to
Bod

"Sticky stuff remover".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Ok, but I've never heard of that before. Handy to know though.

Reply to
Bod

I thought everybody had heard of it, most often used to get label residue off furniture etc.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You thought wrong. I find white spirit perfectly adequate.

Reply to
Dave W

Well the sticky binocular poster hadn't.

Reply to
Bod

Doesn't that remove colour from things?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Or you. Which is odd as I thought it was as well known as white spirit.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Start with meths, then move on to white spirit. But not for wooden furniture.

Reply to
Max Demian

Multiple postings and you still didn't notice it's a 4 and a half years old query!

Reply to
The Other John

I remember this thread. Just goes to show, Nostalgia is what it used to be after all! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They stopped selling it about 5 years ago ...

Reply to
Andrew

No they didn't. There are 153 sellers selling it on Ebay, 2/3rds is the De-solv-it original, the rest are Rapid etc equivalents.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So do I. LOL

Reply to
Dave W

The Wickes *solvent* uPVC cleaner works well for this purpose.

Reply to
Huge

Tissues ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

It's a waste of good stuff, but whisky might help.

Reply to
charles

At least one of us has a dirty mind.

Reply to