Stengthen new 2-brick pillars for attaching windows with rebar?

I'm building brick pillars of 2 or 3 bricks for attaching windows, how can I strengthen them?

I was thinking of pushing rebar down the vertical holes in the bricks, but thats very heavy !

There's a glimpse of the wall at 33 seconds in my kitchen extension September 2022 video

Is there a lighter grade metal wire I could use up the holes in the brick pillars, or what?

Maybe 4:1 mix cement : sand not 5:1 ?

George

Reply to
George Miles (dicegeorge

Has building control seen that 'RSJ' that seems to have about a quarter of an inch of its inner end (59s) sitting on part of what looks like a decorative block ?

Reply to
Andrew

Building Control are happy its strong enough, when Putin hits it will last, though the house may fall !

Reply to
George Miles (dicegeorge