Windows 11

I have removed the windows 11 update executable, in order to stop updates that reset my defender off settings.

Reply to
Smolley

Given W11 is relatively new, I tend to think accepting all updates would be a good idea. There again, I don't use Defender as my defence.

Reply to
Scott

Nor do I, it is disabled.

Reply to
Smolley

I have removed Windows in order to stop Windows.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Rob Morley snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com posted

In order to save the village, you had to destroy it.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Said Mr Putin.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

"They create a wilderness and call it peace." - Tacitus

Reply to
Custos Custodum

If you want to f*ck your computer up, why not do something more direct, like hitting it with a sledge hammer?

Reply to
GB

The computer is running better than ever now, but thanks for your insight.

Reply to
Smolley

Until the next critical remote exploit vulnerability that gets patched for everyone else except you huh?

Reply to
John Rumm

I can put the Win11 update executable back if something important needs to be added. It is surprising how more brisk the system runs without half a dozen services running and huge amounts of information going back to M$.

Reply to
Smolley

And this helps how? The next update you install will put it back.

I am sure I've seen third party software to have more control of updates. You have to realise that just like Windows 10, features and changes happen all the time along with security updates etc. I don't agree with this myself, to me they should be separate, but remember you can still run Windows 10. Even Windows 7 for a while, but increasingly new versions of third party software make use of newer features and won't install or have limitations if you clobber updates. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have stopped all update services. I have no requirement to add anything to my setup, it runs very sweetly now and have made an image in case my enterprise goes wrong.

Reply to
Smolley

I'm sure we all wish you the very best of luck. Which you will need.

Reply to
GB

Is that before or after the ransomware has encrypted your system? There are some interesting holes patched by this weeks patch list

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

You mean it's a toy. Anything more, you would be doing the exact opposite.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

In order to save the patient, you had to remove the cancer

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or installing Windows...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you are a home user and its windo0ws, it is de facto a toy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, this Windows bollox just seems to go on and on, doesn't it. It's Edge, or Defender, or updates, or Win11, or drive letters, it's never-ending.

Reply to
Tim Streater