Steel re-inforcing mesh

Can someone tell me what is the "grid size" of steel re-inforcing mesh, as used in concrete?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

You can get different sizes, but the most popular size is around 7 inch squares, with a steel diameter of around 10mm, sheet sizes are approx 12ft by 8ft and £18 - £20 apiece...expect to pay for a full sheet even if you only want half, that's if they offer a cutting service, most don't and you have to buy full sheets and cut them yourself.

Reply to
Phil L

The reason I ask the question is to know whether one can walk between the grids

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

Not really, you can place the mesh on spacers as mentioned in a previous thread, then put planks over the steel for barrowing the (ready mixed?) concrete in.

Reply to
Phil L

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:02:26 +0000 (UTC), a particular chimpanzee named "Lawrence Zarb" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Hugo Nebula