Star clip washers?

What are those washers called that are used to retain something on a shaft? They have 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5?) tabs around the inside, and you push them over the shaft so the tabs stop the washer from falling off.

Reply to
Huge

Lockwashers?

Reply to
S Viemeister

andrew

washer does.

Of course I've got a better name for them... ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Huge

Pingfuckit in my case.

Reply to
Huge

You sometimes see them in cars. Used over a plastic peg to secure trim. try to remove them and the peg breaks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Funny you should say that, I've just discovered that my electric stapler has got one of those. It's not mentioned in the parts list. I found it when I took the front plate off to clear a jam and forgot to take the spring pusher out of the magazine first. No damage, except to my pride, and nothing lost except face. I had taken the plug out of the socket, though.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Starlock.

Reply to
Scott M

Brilliant. Thank you!

Anyone know if anyone sells an assortment pack of these?

Reply to
Huge

Pleasure.

Like most 'unusual'[1] fittings they tend to get sold only in a specific size. Various people on eBay flogging bags of 10 in a given size (I presume they buy in bulk and rebag them) so might be worth asking if they'd put together an assortment pack for you.

[1] In the sense they don't usually get bought outside of manufacturing.
Reply to
Scott M

When someone asked before I did manage to find a supplier - not today though, sorry.

Reply to
Steve Firth

may be able to get someone in the US to forward it to you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

(I've needed one of these things about half a dozen times in the last year or so, hence the requirement. I've found that the assortment boxes of bits and bobs (machine screws, bolts, etc.) from Screwfix are some of the most useful things I've bought...)

Hmmmmm.

Reply to
Huge

You're welcome.