Standardisation? Why aren't things all the same?

Bought a bog yesterday, Come to fit it today, the flush unit is too big to go through the hole in the cistern.

The hole is 2 inch, which is and has been pretty standard as far as I can tell so what the funk is this and more to the point, why?

What a waste of my time and literally not a pot to piss in.

Reply to
R D S

Can't you piss in the pot anyway, and flushit with a buckit?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Simple answer. Makers want to tie you to them for replacements. It's called having a free market. Profits before all else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Your whole mind is dominated by anti-capitalism.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I bet somebody makes an adaptor though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or imported cheaply from a country where the size of the hole is standard!

Reply to
alan_m

Not in the British Standard. Also annoying that there is no standard for outlet height. When I had to change a macerator, I had to put it on a little platform to save changing the porcelain.

Reply to
newshound

ITYM by experience, Bill. ;-)

Reply to