Standard height

Is there a standard height for dining tables?

Reply to
Jim Scott

No, if you are making one, just make the legs extra long then you can cut them down afterwards :-p

Reply to
Phil L

The question arose when my grandchildren visited. I noticed that they were having trouble cutting food because the kitchen-diner table was too high. I checked it against my good dining table which is 29" and found it 1.25" higher and removed the difference. It is still a little high for them, but they go home at the weekend. I understand, of course, that it also depends on their height and the chair height, but surely some design guru has got a PhD out of this?

Reply to
Jim Scott

Only if you have standard height diners.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

The message from "Phil L" contains these words:

And don't carry the legs anywhere near an armed rozzer.

Reply to
Guy King

Jim Scott pretended :

I made a fixed kitchen dinner a few years ago. I have lowered its height twice since then :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm coming to the conclusion they're all too tall for us average folk.

Reply to
Jim Scott

Sit them on cushions and then get a life!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq