Standalone showers for non-wet-room - recommendations?

We have an existing shower in what I suppose you might call a changing room next to a bedroom, it makes the bedroom 'en-suite' (there's a wash basin and a loo there too) but has never been satisfactorily waterproof.

Can anyone recommend a shower unit that is genuinely waterproof all round? The shower is currently installed against a wall on one side but it's just a dry-lined wall with pine cladding so is neither smooth nor water resistant. We need a shower that is fully watertight on all sides without any help from adjacent walls etc.

Reply to
tinnews

I'm thinking of buying one of these:

design looks very good for being leak free, the way the walls are jointed together to form a cubicle, and the upstands in the tray the walls sit in.

Reply to
Cod Roe

It should be good for near enough £1000, thanks for the link though, it may get me on the way.

Reply to
tinnews

All I would say is that I once had a similar requirement in a fixer-upper house I was working on while ago. Main reason for wanting a fully stand-alone cubicle was that I wanted a quick, cost-effective solution with no risk of leaks etc.

In the end the bloody thing was a nightmare: couldn't get it sealed for love nor money and still don't really understand why. Eventually succumbed to being plastered with silicone, including in the places where the instructions said "do not apply to silicone gap X" etc.

I'm sure there are models which are OK; but just don't assume that buying one will be an easy guaranteed waterproof solution.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Try this Google search. I used "free standing shower cubicle".

Tinkerer

IIRC there is at least one make that comes pre-assembled but, if it's made of 4 sections, it's probably going to leak anyway. When I was looking into this I decided there wasn't enough info available to make an informed decision. That's my excuse anyway.

Reply to
stuart noble