Stand by electric fire 'carbon heater'

NO it isn't it's the Joule. lot of it's ion that line in'it

so any heater giving out light is being inefficient isn't it and that means the brighter the light or the intensity of it will be linked to inefficiancy .

Reply to
whisky-dave

A Joule is 1watt-second.

Have a word with one of your professors about how to convert that into Kwh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

whisky-dave laid this down on his screen :

Yes, but 1Kw delivered with close to 100% efficiency, will translate directly to an amount of heat.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not aimed particularly, but a K is a kelvin, I don't know what a w is. A week, perhaps?

A kilowatt, however, is a kW. Please be arsed to get it right.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Mould is *a lot* more interesting than paint. Especially at higher magnification, and when a new kind grows on the original mould.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

It might be if it escapes through a window. Otherwise it will be absorbed by the surfaces in the room. I've a sort of feeling that window glass probably absorbs a lot of the lower frequencies which are quantitatively more important with something red hot.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Clive Arthur was thinking very hard :

I do have other interests ;-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well, as a pass time 'activity' it nicely helps fill in the gap between 'watching paint *dry*' and 'watching paint *peel*'. All you need to round out this 'logarithmic' scale of time is a video feed from the chest freezer showing frozen fish steaks 'going off'[1]. :-)

[1] I may have over-thought this "marking off the passage of time" analogy.
Reply to
Johnny B Good

ed to inefficiancy .

I see you have near zero education.

A heater may give out radiated energy. "Light" is just the visible component. No other difference.

All the electricity coming into your house ends up as heat. However you use it. So any electric heater is 100% efficient.

Joules are to KWh as feet are to metres. A Joule is 2.7778×10?7 kilowatt-hour.

Reply to
harry