Spring Water Boreholes

Hello all

It's been a while since I last asked a question of this knowledgable group, but I've been working on a new kitchen recently, but now that it's finished, I want to see if I can make use of an old, capped, spring well on our property.

Does anyone know whereabouts on the 'net I might be able to get information regarding borehole data? I've already tried the British Geological Survey, the local council and local water authority with no luck whatsoever....

I DO know that the borehole was PROBABLY drilled by the then Ayrshire Spring Water company, which unfortunately no longer exists, but I don't know when this might have happened (The drilling, not the company going to the wall that is)

Thanks in advance

Tim (Nicholson)

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

There is a company in Presteigne, Powys, Mid-Wales that will do a full survey for a charge of about £200. I think they are called O.D Morgan & Sons. I'm sure that they have a web-site with lots of information about bore holes - I don't have any address though.

Reply to
Phil Norman

Not a very popular subject now'a'days are they. Unless you're looking for gas or oil. :-))

This is about the only thing interesting on the subject:

BigWallop

BigWallop