Speeding up a stairlift (2023 Update)

Wouldn't help in our house. The hand rail was removed to make room for the stair lift. The handrail is in the garage along with 40 years of accumulated crap.

The remotes can be either fixed or loose and left to get lost with the car keys, house keys, handbags, purses ...

Reply to
Martin

Surely the chairs are designed to take fat people, so a piece of furniture shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why? Travelling at 1mph isn't dangerous. I don't wear one at 100mph in my car.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

But then you miss out on the chance of taking the piss out of them. I've put a notice on my door saying no salesmen, no junk mail, no charities, and no religious nutters. Anyone who ignores it, I point to it and ask if they're illiterate morons. This usually develops into an argument. I did once raise a small axe above my head and asked one to leave my property. He obliged.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Actually several old people I know have told me that they requested a faster version and the installer said it's against regulations.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I don't know anyone who uses anything that could work faster who wouldn't have it work faster if they could?

Assuming we aren't talking about something where 'casual' or 'slow' is the ideal speed. ;-)

Everyone I know who has a stairlift (or anyone with a lift in their building or has a car lift etc) would like it to work faster if it was safe for it to do so.

Who wants to waste time doing anything that isn't best enjoyed slowly? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And I add to that 'no Political' as they are just as bad as all the others you list re their 'beliefs' and empty promises ... be it best double glazing, best Pizza, best worthwhile cause, best religion or best political party. Best for whom?

The thing is, if I was unhappy with my Pizza supplier or DG with the advent of The Internet I wouldn't need a pamphlet though my door to persuade me to go to them ... and anything suggesting it was best for me probably wouldn't be and there's no such thing as a free lunch (even if it was for me it wouldn't be for others, like the FIT theft scam).

It's like those people who say you have won a free holiday, would you like to go to Florida or Madrid and I say neither. They always seem amazed that I don't want their 'free' offering.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

A good reason for you to soup(?) it up a bit.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Good.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Shhh...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It happens that Martin formulated :

Or maybe you haven't found it. It might be just a hole through which a handle is pushed. What would happen if a seriously disabled person became stuck on in midway?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Seatbelts are for people who believe they're likely to crash.

A law requiring you to keep YOURSELF safe is wrong.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

They'd be unable to wind the handle, so basically no point in the handle.

If someone was available to rescue them, they'd just carry them.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

replying to Jimmy Wilkinson Knife, Gene R wrote: If you are trying to use the bathroom on a different floor you could wet yourself by the time you travel one flight of stairs. I think one or two miles per hour is a reasonable speed to expect from a chairlift.

Reply to
Gene R

Its not as if the date is hidden on that web site. it probably means that people who read there are blinder than I am.... Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

posted on April 29, 2018, 6:52 pm

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Its not as if the date is hidden on that web site. it probably means that people who read there are blinder than I am.... Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

posted on April 29, 2018, 6:52 pm

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

I?ve explained this to you before Brian. It?s you who?s blind to the way that HOH site works, not the users duped into responding to old posts.

Tim

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) snipped-for-privacy@bluey> Its not as if the date is hidden on that web site. it probably means that

Reply to
Tim+

Well I don't get it. It is a basically obvious date and as its there, why can't they see it and not bother. I know all about their tendency to use months and not years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Because, as I’ve pointed out before, they’re responding to posts promoted on the home page of the site that don’t show the dates.

Yes, if you follow the link to the quoted thread you can see the date but folk “helpfully” responding to promoted posts on the home page don’t see a date. It’s not that they’re all not bothering to check the dates, it’s that they’re being fed old posts to respond to without an obvious date.

Go to

and click on the “need your advice” tab (if possible). You won’t see a date there.

Tim

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) snipped-for-privacy@bluey> Well I don't get it. It is a basically obvious date and as its there, why

Reply to
Tim+