Speed Heat & underfloor e-heating

Still deliberating on an electric underfloor heating system - yes I kno

they are expensive to run etc !!

Was going to go with the Devimat system - but wondered if anyone ha any experiences with Speed Heat - they have a swish website a

There also seems to be a vast difference of opinions betweent th necessity to latex screed on top of the heating elements prior t tiling. Had 6 quotes from tilers in local area - 50:50 split o opinions currently. Again would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

ti

-- Tim Kedwards

Reply to
Tim Kedwards

I have speedheat in my kitchen, under granite tiles on concrete. Once its heated up its very good but it does take a while, the cat loves it :) The guys that did it are running their own business now but essentially using the same kit from what I gather. I forget the name of the company but if you're interested let me know and I'll dig it out for you. They levelled my floor prior to the application too.

I also have warmup in my wetroom upstairs which I laid myself. This seems just as good and heats up much quicker, although that probably has more to do with the construction of the floor, insulation etc as opposed to quality of the product.

Im no expert in this area but these are my experiences

HTH Richard

Reply to
r.rain