Underfloor Heating

Sorry about the new post, I've tried twice to continue the old thread but it doesn't seem to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the Equator lead Bez, on their website they say:-

"It is important to note that the use of the Equator underfloor heating system for conservatory installations will not provide sufficient comfort heat during the mid-winter season."

So, full marks to Marley for being honest!

The Natural Philospher asked "No, but I think it would probably be OK. Post your calculations here, for discussion." So here goes:-

The conservatory will only have 2 outside walls so I have assumed no heat loss or gain from the other 2 walls. Likewise, I have assumed no heat loss through the heated floor.

Internal floor area would be 3.92m x 3.52m Glass, double, Low E U=2.0 dwarf walls, cavity, insul. U=0.56 Outside temp -1 Inside temp 20

Floor ->No losses as such.

Dwarf walls ===========

(3.92+3.52) x 0.5 x 0.56 x 21 = 44W.

glass walls ===========

(3.92+3.52) x 1.7m x 21 x 2 = 532W

glass roof ===========

2 x 3m x 2m x 21 x 2 = 504W
Reply to
jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "jon" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 8:17 PM Subject: Underfloor Heating

Jon. The thing was that I put in a much as I could, and I was bit concerened about what Marely said. But having said all that, it is working a treat, and I am one that feels the cold. Here are a few more links.

planning Guide.pdf
phone this guy up and he loves a chat, no pressure to buy anything. Baz

Reply to
baz

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:17:30 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named jon randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

There is heat lost through an uninsulated floor slab. It depends on the perimeter/area ratio.

For a P/A of 0.54, the uninsulated U-vaue is 0.74W/m²°C. If you included 100mm polystyrene, this would reduce to 0.25W/m²°C.

+(0.25W/m²°C * 13.8m² * 21°C) 72W for the floor.
Reply to
Hugo Nebula