Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

(Andrew Gabriel)

No worries Andrew, don't need it anymore, seems I've got loads of the ingredients in the bathroom already!

Reply to
Phil Addison

Maybe you could retain the old Boots bottle as a handy shark repellent spray!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Gabriel)

(Andrew Gabriel)

ingredients in the

Boots do tend to charge rip-off prices. Their pricing of ibuprofen tablets is a disgrace for example.

For cheap spectacle lens cleaner I use "W5" cleaning pads from Lidl, or Aldi. Do the job well and cheap. If I run out of those Fairy liquid [1] and a tap with warm water.

[1] other detergents are available.
Reply to
Steve Firth

I was in quay plastics yesterday and they had 25l drums of glass cleaner for about £12 IIRC.

Reply to
dennis

Cheaper if you buy a 200 litre drum :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

In message , Phil Addison writes

Well it would be if it was actually a problem

Reply to
geoff

There is only a loose corelation between the Costco website and what Costco stores carry.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So I've noticed.

Reply to
S Viemeister

There is only a loose correlation between what a Costco store carries one week, and what it carries the next week!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Can't say I've noticed that on a weekly basis but then I only go about every 3 or 4 months as it is a 100 mile round trip. The stock does change overtime but I find that to be nearer years rather than weeks.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

saliva is free.

Reply to
charles

You mean there is any at all?

Reply to
geoff

In message , charles writes

And has yet to be bettered as a demisting agent

Reply to
geoff

Boots "Spectacle

My local optician simply uses Meths in a trigger spray. That would be MUCH cheaper

I have a spray can of Isopropyl alcohol at home so I use that, easy to buy form eBay.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

50% Isopropanol 50% Distilled Water. OK for Windows, Screens, Specs.
Reply to
Rob

I use those microfibre cloths most opticians give away free. In fact my opt ician gave me a half dozen of them when asked. I find them perfectly adequa te. Keep one in my desk, one in the workshop in a plastic bag, one in the c ar.

Reply to
fred

Can't do that

apparently, grit, carborundum, iron filings and all kinds of evil dust are attracted to them and is fermented into angle grinders which attack the lenses

Reply to
geoff