spasmodic HW supply

Every now and again the HW supply to the taps around the house become

spasmodic. I haven't been able to isolate what could be casuing this. know that this is being caused by air getting into the system but jus wondering what is the best was to prevent this???

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

Every now and again the HW supply to the taps around the house become

spasmodic. I haven't been able to isolate what could be casuing this. know that this is being caused by air getting into the system but jus wondering what is the best way to prevent this???

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

Bit more detail would help...

Type of system, how its heated etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Apologies for the lack of info.

The HW is supplied from the HW tank in the hotpress. On top of th cylinder there is a tee piece with one side for the vent and the othe for the HW feed. The cylinder is heated using oil fired burner. Th cylinder is fed from a tank in the attic which is located approx 2 above the Tee piece. I noticed today that after I had a shower I turne on the tap in the kitchen and the water started spitting out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that there is air getting into th HW feed through the vent pipe. When the HW is on it pulls the level i the vent pipe down and allows air in???

Any suggestions appreciated........Thank

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

The symptoms you decribe would be due to a partially blocked (or inadequate) supply of water from the attic to the cylinder.

Reply to
Ed Sirett