Source of flat hog/fence rings?

A few years ago I bought hog/fence rings which were a flat piece of metal a few mm wide and just over a cm long. Don't they make these any more? They're all round in cross section now and don't work nearly as well.

This is what I want:

This is what I don't want:

Which looks like this when used:

As you can see it doesn't make a tight fit, the flat ones did.

Reply to
Bruce Farquhar

Are these close enough?

Amazon:

Reply to
Oren

Perfect, thankyou! The reason I couldn't find those is I had forgotten the name "j clip". When I looked for galvanised rings and fencing clips, I just found "hog rings" and assumed they'd been redesigned. I must write down "j clip" somewhere.

Reply to
Bruce Farquhar

On 11/26/2018 11:47 AM, Bruce Farquhar wrote: ...

Those would never work for the original purpose of hog rings... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

[Yankee accent] That there would be back in 1648!

What I don't understand is them being used to fasten together upholstery on vintage cars. You'd think you'd just rip the leather.

Reply to
Bruce Farquhar