Source for matching old coloured toilet cistern?

I remember a thread here a while ago started by someone looking into whether his coloured bathroom suite might be worth anything, and there were a few pointers to places that might be interested in taking them... this post is a request from the other way round; I'm looking for a coloured toilet cistern to replace a broken one without having to change the whole bathroom. Somebody mentioned a bloke in Luton (who I can't locate; but probably too far south anyway TBH), and I've found

which I'm investigating. Also looking at insurance options, but not yet sure what's covered in terms of matching a coloured suite etc.

Anybody got any more leads? (This is on behalf of my mum, who woke the other morning to find her cistern had spontaneously split from top to bottom during the night. Caused amazingly little damage apparently!)

Seeking a cistern in Twyford's "Wychelm" green; pref South Yorkshire area.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

Insurance compnies tend to have contacts "in the trade", so try speaking to them. If you draw a blank, or maybe aren't insured, I've heard of people lining the cracked cistern with fibreglass, making a 'new' cistern inside the old one.

Also, you can get baths etc 'painted' to change the colour. Maybe this is an option.

Good luck.

Reply to
Brian Reay