SOT: Where to get Plastic storage boxes

Hi

I'm looking to replace my myriad of cardboard boxes that I store stuff in with 5L plastic boxes like the ones that you can get in Ikea for a quid each (plus 70p for the lid):

they are unavailable for home delivery and my nearest Ikea is

40 miles away so it's not really cost effective to go there just for this.

You can buy similar, more upmarket boxes in stationary stores but they are upwards of 8 quid each and I'm disinclined to spend almost 100 quid on this process.

Does anybody know a company who will deliver these boxes to me at prices nearer to the Ikea ones?

TIA

tim

Reply to
tim....

Frank Erskine

Amazon list a pack of five with lids for under £19.45 including shipping.

you can make do with 1 or 2 litres, try any local shop that sells ice cream by the cone, or restaurants that sell it as a dessert. I find they are usually only too happy to give away the empty containers.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

That should read 'for £19.45'. It was going to be under £20, then I found the link and the price.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Have look in Adsa/Tesco/Shed and see what they have? Though TBH I don't think the ones they have are as cheap as a quid.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Isn't it the sort of thing which you can find on a stall at your average street market?

Reply to
Roger Mills

IME no. Not the sort that I have here which is one day a week (and then somewhere else the next day).

They are just too big per unit price for the stall holder to want to load/unload every day

tim

Reply to
tim....

Try:

you want 10 or more the fixed carriage isn't much per box. I find the

8 litre a good general purpose size. Works out at about 2 ukp per box if you buy 10, less if you buy more. My lot are starting to make fun of the number I now use in my workshop.
Reply to
Peter Scott

Put them down a bit uncarefully and they crack, they are very fragile. [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

In message , tim.... writes

local hardware, pound store type places? There are couple of places around here that do that sort of thing, so must be fairly common. Wilkinsons maybe?

I like the Really Useful boxes, but they will probably be more like a fiver a pop.

Reply to
chris French

Two thoughts:

  1. There are various outfits eg advertising on ebay who will collect and deliver Ikea stuff for you - no idea about cost but am guessing could be reasonable if your order is non-urgent and can be combined with other stuff?

  1. The local PoundStretcher shop (see
    is where I've bought similar boxes myself.

hth David

Reply to
Lobster