Plastic storage boxes for my new van?

Hi folks, I have loads of boxes of screws that I need to store in my van. What do you think about using these plastic storage boxes that fit on a metal louvered panel in a van? Are they likley to fall off if I drive over a pothole? Can you take a middle box out without having to remove one above it?

Reply to
Housemartin

No

Avoid cheap ones - they break too easily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not usually, but the contents are prone to bouncing out especially if you fill them with small items like screws.

Depends on how close together you fit them. They are not really designed for individual boxes to be removed - more for the required number of items to be taken out of the box on the rack.

You can often get the mounting plates and containers at low prices second hand from warehouse fitting companies.

Reply to
Peter Parry

That was my experience, plus stuff bouncing out as Peter said, plus anything in the van not strapped down knocks them off.

You can if you have a big enough gap.

I ended up with three of these which are stored upright

the cheaper ones don't have removeable boxes and the lid clips arent as strong.

Strong enough to keep plumbing fittings in, which weigh quite a lot.

You can sometimes find the Stanley ones badged as Wickes & a bit cheaper.

I've also got a couple of these

if you buy them often the case is cheaper - as long as you use all the screws.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman