Sorry - no AG!

I asked a couple of weeks ago about cutting up the pring base of a double matress. Well, finally got it round to my place and had a good look at the construction. Plan was to weigh it down with slabs and buzz along with a 5" AG. Realised that the whole ting was held together by thin coil springs running across top and bottom. Started with pliers and junior hacksaw - 5 - 6 cuts and snap. Got to a rusty one and it snapped as I started to saw. OK, big pliers, grip and twist back and forth - snapped after 2 - 6 times depending on rust. Most snapped either side but 3 or 4 broke on both sides. Only a hundred in total to get it to 3 pieces of 4 springs wide, fold in half, tie end with a bit of old FT&E and get one in the bin - no AG involved!

Cleaned off the 2x2.7m lintels. Rather strange that there's a bit of mortar on each but, judging by where it is and no sign of any elsewhere I suspect that the mortar was silt on to them. I'll knock it off then advertise them - money if possible or just to get rid of them.

Reply to
PeterC