Some actual DIY, bagpipe followup

Regular readers may recall, the service valve multiplication:

Enough tuits were finally captured to turn it back into a bathroom:

Although the theme for the room was moderately contemporary[1], I decided that polished Walnut would actually fit into the colour scheme quite nicely. So starting with the pipe section boxed in to make for a shallow cupboard, capping it with a Walnut top and windowsill:

Alas that used all my spare wood, but then I thought I would carry on the same theme for some dinky access doors:

So I had to buy another board (Turns out that since I bought the last walnut plank when it was *kin expensive, its even more now!)

Construction was mostly done on the table saw to create simple cope and stick joinery, and then the floating panels were made from a resawn and book matched board.

Finish was 4 or 5 coats of Danish oil, then a dark black bison wax applied with 0000 wire wool and then buffed to a satin shine.

[1] Although forgoing the yard square tiles or (shudder) metro tiles that seem so popular at the moment.

(just need to paint the ceiling, and stain the (custom made) architraves, then that job can be called done)

Reply to
John Rumm

John, I can see that your project is of the usual high quality, bloody irritating standard. However, I'm calling this post "fake news" on the basis that there is no bath visible in the photos.

Reply to
Richard

Thank you... I think!

ok, happy now?