Solvite Wallpaper paste

I have been wallpapering the front room today and couldn't take no more, I still have about 8 or 9 drops to hang and as this is my first time papering i was wondering about the paste. Am i OK to just seal up the bucket of paste i have made (with a polythene wrap and bag) or will i have to mix up some fresh adhesive when i return to papering in a few days? I expect this stuff has a use by time once mixed up and as nothing is written on the packet or Henkels website i thought i would ask here.

Thanks for any help given.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Yes, but keep it covered airtight and give it a good stir when you return to it.

Reply to
Steve Walker

You only have 9 drops left to do? have a drink and a sarnie then get stuck in again. I love painting&decorating in the wee small hours with a bit of music. :-)

Reply to
George

It will last a few days if sealed. There is no chemical reaction taking place that would make it "go off". You just need to keep it moist.

I would try to find a container that is just the right size to take all the paste you have left over without a large air space at the top, then seal that to avoid any drying out.

Reply to
Bruce

As i said this was my first time wallpapering and not an experience i will be trying to repeat, especially when i have got to get up at 7am!

Reply to
Tom

Cling film works well. Wrap brush separately.

After a while (usually days) it can start to go yucky, ferment, become thin - but a day or two, no problem.

Reply to
Rod

That's a shame wallpapering is very satisfying I find. Though it can be a right PITA if you have a paper that has a pattern but is difficult to see the match on easyly. Daughters bedroom, yellow with a light apparently random but not stucto pattern awful. Sons bedrom big large easy to identify space objects a doddle, even the stars only wall paper in his room was easyer than the yellow stuff.

As for the paste exclude air and it will be fine. Lay some clingfilm over the surface and up the sides a bit. I've just used a light plastic shopping bag and runa bit of paste around the top of the bucket and "stuck" the bag on (make sure it hasn't any holes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice