Wallpaper paste

It has probably been asked before, but does unopened, still-sealed wallpaper paste have a shelf life? The paste in question is Solvite Extra Strong, maybe 3-4 years old.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

That?s almost brand new! ;-) Never had a problem with old paste.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Custos Custodum was thinking very hard :

I have used it 20 years old, without any problems.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

In powder form no problems

This year I mixed a packet of Solvite "Paste the Wall" paste. I used most of it and put the remainder in an empty 4 pint milk carton. When wanting to use it a few weeks later it had turned from a thick paste into something the consistency of water with an inability to to stick anything.

Reply to
alan_m

Dunno. It certainly will outlast 3 or 4 years though!

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well back some years ago we used some older than that with no trouble, well other than we had no idea what we were doing in the first place.. It certainly seems to have stuck, good help me if I ever want it stripped!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Paper now dry and still stuck to wall, so looks like paste was OK. Thanks for all replies.

Reply to
Custos Custodum