Solvent weld pipe.advice needed please...

What sizes and shapes of solvent weld pipe are available? I'm hoping to find either 68mm round black, or something similar in a rectangular pipe.

Also does anyone know of a plastic chain made of similar materials? Yes, another "not quite normal" DIY project in the making. I'm looking to solvent weld half a link of plastic chain into a split round of plastic pipe with the two split halves joined by a suitable sized steel hinge, using countersunk machine screws and threadlocked Acorn nuts.

Does anyone think it will work, and can anyone guess what weird concoction I'm making now?

Reply to
Elder

Please tell. Baz

Reply to
Baz

68mm is standard gutter downpipe and can be solvent welded. Look for UPVC chain which should be compatible.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm looking at making slave style manacles, using heavy steel chain to add the weight back in, but without the difficulty of working with cast iron.

Reply to
Elder

Thanks Bob, that is excellent, time for a trip to B&Q for a few bits for prototypes :)

Reply to
Elder

Does this involve Karen Gillan?

Webcam address please ;)

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, but I can assure you, I have some very attractive customers for some of the products I make and sell.

But that isn't to say I wouldn't make her a set if she asked ;)

Reply to
Elder

Do you need an apprentice?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Only getting started myself, but trust me, when the time comes, I will start a multipart TV series to find the right person who can craft waste materials, make money and act like a complete c*ck when the cameras are on :)

Reply to
Elder