bricklaying costs

Hi

I posted previously about my garden wall and the cleaning up of bricks after I had to demolish it because it was leaning dangerously. In the end I used what was called a chipping hammer from HSS Hire, and it worked well.

So now I have all the reclaimed bricks and want to get the wall rebuilt

- it will be 3 courses lower than before, so I have more than enough bricks.

The footing is already sorted, and I now want a bricklayer to do the rest - it's to be 20ft long, 6 courses high, two bricks thick.

Any thoughts on what a reasonable quote would be from a bricklayer to do that? And how long would you expect it to take.

Thanks

Reply to
JIP

I think 300 bricks a day for a man and a mate at say £200 a day?

For small scale work

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think the OP should try his hand first. If it goes pair shaped he has a chipping hammer to start again. A decent bricky should get a garden wall up to six feet in a day or so. But if it was my wall I wouldn't need to hurry.

At is 20 feet its about 25 bricks long; what's the problem? Use 4 to 1 sand and lime.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Id use three to one and tie in every bloody brick with ties and if its double across the span as well and fill between with mortar

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher