Soldering close joints

I just finished upgrading and adding radiators, but had one leaky joint.

I was worried about it, as there was a yorkshire tee, with a very short stub to an obtuse elbow endfeed, giving 5 joints close together to be soldered at once, or if not at once maybe there's a danger of messing up the other part of the branch; a horizontal section of the tee failed.

Bugrit.

I can't use a bend, the radius is too tight - the situation is a spur up to a radiator from a horizontal run that doesn't line up vertically.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to tackle this so I don't fail again?

Should I make the angled spur, and then sweat it on to the horizontal pipe, or will this endanger joints already soldered, or should I assemble the whole lot and solder it all up in one hit, which is what I've just done? If so, is there any order, should I start at the top and work down, or at the bottom and work up - about 3 inches will cover the whole assembly?

I'd be grateful for any advice to help me get it right this time

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Drape cold water soaked cloth/s over the finished joints adjecent to where you are working NOW.

-- Olav Marjasoo Overlooking the Clyde, West Coast of Scotland

Reply to
Olav Marjasoo

snipped-for-privacy@kodu.u-net.com (Olav Marjasoo) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.u-net.com:

Thank you Olav, I've tried that, and now got watertight pipework and radiators that get hot.

That's it for plumbimg for this year (I sincerely hope)

Mike r

Reply to
mike ring