Solar Powered Water Pump

Hi,

In my garden the previous owners put in a hnd pump that linked to an under ground stream, you get nice cold water out of it.

Anyway - thinking of putting an electric pump on it to say use the water in the garden, for car cleaning and possibly at a later stage, subject to a filtration device, use it for non drinking water in the house. Especially if the local water company decides to make everyone have a water meter.

Anyway - I am not sure how far the bore goes, buut can anyone point me in the direction of some water pumps that may do what I want - but specifically, I would like them to be solar powered if possibly - is it?

Scott

PS - reposted as totally mis-spelt the title

Reply to
Scott

You cant "pull" water up more than 10m ( atmospheric pressure), any deeper and you have to have the pump at the bottom of the well/source and "push" it up.

Robert

Reply to
robert

I take it you already have a functioning hand pump? in that case any suction (lift) pump should work; the problem would be getting pump and solar panels beefy enough to give you anything like a reasonable flow. Had you thought about wind power? Google for "wind pump" in pages from the UK: some interesting hits.

Not useful unless you *immediately* cancel the original (and even then many servers won't honour the cancel)-:

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

yes, but very little flow is needed afaics. You only need provide average flow, not peak. A small (raised) tank takes care of the peaks.

As for garden watering its pointless and counterproductive to water anything more than a tiny amount for young plants without a proper root system yet.

There might be an even easier option, if the seal on your hand pump is good, and thats to use swaying tree motion to operate the existing pump.

NT

Reply to
meow2222