Soakaway

@hotmail.co.uk says...

That change is significant. Two 15 min periods are hardly enough to saturate raised beds to the point of running off. I'd suggest your timer may have gone faulty.
All the

That amount of water shouldn't have left the beds.

We have a large soakaway we constructed 12 years ago following the instructions of the pavingexpert, it's collecting and dispersing all the land drainage water we installed on a half acre garden (high rainfall here). It's still working perfectly, no soggy areas.
Janet.
On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 07:49:43 +0100, Judith in England wrote:

in

Thought you said the beds drained "very very well". Or are you really referring to the ground around? The fact that there is excess water some where shows that there is excess watering.

Meh, I and several others seem to think it is on the information provided.

There should only be enough water entering the beds to keep them damp enough for the plants, if water is running out there is too much of it. Not to menation it'll be leaching out nutrients.
--
Cheers
Dave.

I have said that the raised beds did not get "soggy" at all: and: The grass at the side of the beds has become very, very wet - and really never dries out: it is particularly noticeable in the morning after the night watering session. The raised beds drain very, very well.

Which information do you and others think was a problem? I cannot see anything conflicting.

I think that that may be half of the problem: the water table being higher than last year.

I have had it turned off for a couple of nights the other week: - they did not get dry. They are filled with a mix of newly bought (last year) top soil - mixed with good quality peat compost.

It comes on twice a day, every day, at the same times - not at different times on specific days

No
"Judith" wrote in message wrote:

No =========================================
You wouldn't waste water like you are doing if you were on a meter.
Mike
On 01/07/2014 19:58, Judith in England wrote:

Hi Judith, Just looked at this thread (but not read all the responses yet), but I was wondering if the weight of the raised bed might have damaged water/sewerage pipes below. I don't know how old the raised bed is, or if it's made of brick or timber, but if newish and built without a survey, it could be fracturing some underground plumbing. It's a long shot, but worth checking.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Dear Judith, With the very greatest of respect, how many people have to tell you that you are over-watering before you accept what they say?
Soakaways are generally constructed to remove rainfall from areas where it gathers. I have *never* heard of soakaways being installed to remove excess garden watering, simply because that is never a requirement.
PLEASE listen to what everyone is telling you and stop wasting water.
"Fuschia" wrote in message wrote:

Dear Judith, With the very greatest of respect, how many people have to tell you that you are over-watering before you accept what they say?
Soakaways are generally constructed to remove rainfall from areas where it gathers. I have *never* heard of soakaways being installed to remove excess garden watering, simply because that is never a requirement.
PLEASE listen to what everyone is telling you and stop wasting water. ========================================== Fuschia it's a wind up can't you see it?
Mike (Shouldn't have pointed that out should I?) .................................................

Could be a leak in the supply pipe.