BT Total Care?

What's the service called to obtain enhanced repair service for domestic BT lines? I meant to order this the last time we had a long outage but I've just spoken to BT Faults and they've told us it could take a week to repair the latest fault.

They also said that due to the nature of the fault, they couldn't redirect the number, which I don't believe ...

Reply to
Huge

Given that they *can* if push comes to shove, port a number anywhere (but usually won't port an area number out of area) I suspect they are merely too lazy.

Reply to
Tim Watts

TotalCare. Works well for me (although last time I had to get the Indian call centre person talk to her supervisor as she didn't undertstand the concept).

Her: "It'll be fixed in four days" Me: "I have TotalCare" Her: "Yes, that's right. It'll be fixed in four days" Me: "No, TotalCare gives me faster repair" Her: "Yes, four days" Me: "Please talk to your supervisor and tell them I have TotalCare" < me insisting several times omitted> Her: "Yes, an engineer will call you very soon"

(engineer called within 30 minutes)

Reply to
Bob Eager

There are several, Standard, Prompt, Total, Critical Care(s) and Priority Service.

As you say you've just had a long quote for a repair I'll guess that your line is a residential one in which case go to:

(Watch the wrap) You proably want Total Care:

"Totalcare - operates between 7am and 9pm on weekdays and between 8am and 6pm at all other times. We aim to repair a fault within 24 hours of you reporting it to us."

Costs £4.00 inc VAT per month per line. Well worth it for a repair within 24 hrs of reporting, *every* day of the year. My life would be made hell if the 'net was down for more than a day.

Last time I had to report a fault, you couldn't do it via the web, you had to go via "customer services" and as noted before that can be "interesting".

I don't either.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Huge scribbled...

I binned BT some years ago. Never looked back, they were s**te then and they're a f*ck sight worse now.

Reply to
Jabba

Bully for you, many don't have the choice. It's BT or nothing here.

BT Retail Customer Service is awful but you can tell that the mental age of most callers must be pretty low by all the checks and confirmations the scripts have.

The BT Openreach men up poles or down holes around here are very good, which is what really matters.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Really? I rarely seem to go more than a few weeks without somebody wanting to sell me telephone services. I too dropped BT many years ago and, while the provider I use still works with BT to provide the line, as a major customer, they have much better access to and response from BT when something does go wrong.

If I call the service department, they don't work to a script.

Last BT Openreach workers, who came to dig a trench along the road, to improve my connection, were Poles. :-)

Reply to
Nightjar
[snip]

Surely the reason to dig a trench was to do away with poles ...

Reply to
Allan

Allan scribbled...

Only if the foreman had an alsation.

Reply to
Jabba

That's the one. Enquiry placed. SMS confirmation received.

Even less so, now that they've just done it when I called 150. And it only took 3 attempts to get through to a person. That's quite good for BT "Customer Service".

"You are stuck in a maze of twisty little menus, all alike."

Reply to
Huge

no, poles are what the overhead wires hang from.

Reply to
charles

Dave Liquorice scribbled...

I'm not on cable. My telecoms provider uses the same line as BT. You could switch to these in a stroke

Dunno what ISP you can get with them, but anyone with sense wouldn't use BT as an ISP either.

As BT uses Indian call centres, I'd say the scripts are for their staff. Not that I make much use of call centres myself to be any kind of expert on the subject.

Unlike the retard who installed a new phone in the block of flats that a friend lives in. He cut off her line and used it for the new install in another flat. Friend returned from Xmas away to discover no phone. When BT finally turned up, it took 2 sets of engineers a whole day to work out what was wrong.

Reply to
Jabba

Kelly Communications?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes they make me shudder, installing kit in fire stations I'm careful to check the ISDN and PSTN lines are still working properly after Kelly have been installing new ADSL/VDSL lines. The way they furtle and fumble around in DPs is worrying, apparently they're soon to be "trained" and let loose on BT's underground wiring too, not just premises and cabinets.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On 02/07/2014 10:00, Huge wrote: ....

You are showing your age :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

here.

So you haven't "binned BT", just switched who charges you for calls. Get a fault on the copper pair and it will be BT Openreach fixing it.

The subject of this thread is quick fault repair not cheap calls.

Don't get complaining about BT being slow when they are only meeting the residential service level that the *customer* has agreed to. By default that is:

"Standardcare - operates between 8am and 6pm on weekdays (Monday to Friday, not including public and bank holidays). We aim to repair a fault by midnight on the third weekday after the day you report the fault to us unless a specific appointment date is agreed. We will treat a fault reported after 9pm on a weekday, or anytime at weekends or on

public or bank holidays, as if you reported the fault at 8am on the next weekday after the day you actually reported the fault to us."

So fault reported at 2101 Friday of a bank holiday weekend, won't hit the system until 0800 Tuesday, the fault should be cleared by midnight Friday.

Same fault reported at the same time under Total Care should be cleared within in 24 hrs.

But they sorted it. BT Openreach engineers are a bit terrier like, once they get their teeth into a fault they don't let go until it's cleared.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

here.

For the physical connection, yes. BT or nothing, no cable, no FTTC/FTTP, no LLU in the exchnage. One could have carrier preselect with any number of providers but this thread is about faults and repair response.

We regularly get flyers in the post from BT trying to sell broadband. Never get anything from preselect carriers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My line is provided by BT, but my telephone service provider seems to have a lot more clout at getting faults fixed than I would as an individual.

Reply to
Nightjar

Wrong .. you can go to lots of providers and then they deal with Openretch you don't get to have the pleasure;!..

Zen do phone lines and a bit cheaper too with excellent customer services..

Like attracts like;!..

Yep agreed...

Reply to
tony sayer

Could tell you a similar tale tho in our instance I felt a bit sorry for the bloke from Kelly's he had sod all training and was just expected to know all about Bt's line structure and plant etc...

Reply to
tony sayer