So OT, but .. IE problems

If I open IE and go to the Google search page and then look in Task Manager, I see two instances of IE. One bigger than the other.

My Windows internet explorer has really slowed down dramatically. Dare I say it ... if I open Facebook, it all freezes whilst it uploads the usual junk. When looking at FB photo galleries on for example, it takes at least 5 secs before it will show the next one and then finally gives up moving on. It always has been instant up to now. Firefox refuses to show any pictures at all .. just a frame.

I also see 8 instances of svhost.exe ...

I have run AVG .. Malawarebites .. Spybot etc.

Any thoughts?

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

Assuming you're running Win7, I've got 2 instances of Internet Explorer and multiple svchost.exe entries. If it's just slow on Facebook it might be their problem. Try running IE without any add-ons: Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

Reply to
Dave-UK

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:07:37 +0100, "Dave-UK" gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

message

It was a codecs problem, as I had lost the ability to play some downloaded videos as well. System Restore would only work in Safe Mode and that resolved the problem. Thanx

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st