Smoking inglenook

I have an inglenook fireplace with a metal canopy which has a metal plate round it. I'm getting smoke leaking between the canapy and the plate. Would would folk recommend as a metal to metal sealant - perhaps in a bandage form rather than a filler?

Reply to
k.dunbar

Aluminum tape.

visible is it?

Reply to
dennis

Not visible at all. That's magic thanks - I'm sure that's just what I need.

Keith

Reply to
k.dunbar

You can get fireclay type cements that work very well for this. Although te temperatures at that point are not excessive.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher