Smilight fittings

Can anyone explain how to fit Smilight fittings? I'm using the under- cupboard fittings, they both slide into place but when in place there's no way of inserting the screws. Do I have to dismantle one end of the fitting?

The "full installation instructions" simply say to use an electrician :-)

Reply to
Scion

Should they have brackets?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You don't slide the clips into place - just screw them into the cabinet and push the light fitting into them.

Mathew

Reply to
mathewjamesnewton

mathewjamesnewton spake thus:

Hmmm I'll have a look at that. When I took the old one off it didn't unclip, it pulled the screw out of the cupboard.

Reply to
Scion

mathewjamesnewton spake thus:

Bah, I hate one-way fittings! All very well for install speed, but forget maintenance.

Reply to
Scion