Smart meters for stupid people

I work on the theory that there are no new posters on Usenet apart from the hapless individuals who stumble in from HOH.

Any new poster who appears to know how to reply and quote a Usenet post is therefore 99% likely to be a sock-puppet.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I guess I forgot that. I've had the thing 5 years after all.

Reply to
Tim Streater

IIRC back in the iphone 4 days there were some simless ones too. I forget what they were for.

Reply to
Animal
[...]

This new arrival is a refugee from elsewhere. I dare say that there are one or two here who might vouch for me.

Reply to
Sn!pe

CDMA, that didnt use a sim.

Reply to
Jock

Idiot. The O2 loss of signal coincided with them "rationalising" their base station network after a takeover. Nothing to do with the phone.

O2 hasn't had *any* signal in my village for more than a decade.

There is a village in a valley 3 miles away with absolutely no mobile signals at all (I can walk to a similar not spot in 2 minutes). Steep valleys and high frequency mobile signals do not work well together.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes. We only have mobile signal here because a tower was built (over some people's dead bodies, too) a ways outside the other end of the village.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No (necessarily ) so. We were living for a year in a rental property. In Dec 2019 SSE declared they needed to change the electricity and gas meters, and therefore they'd be replaced with smart ones. I protested (mainly because I really didn't want anything to destabilise the operation of the gas boiler in the dead of winter, rather than having a smart meter per se) and said no thanks, you'll have to wait until summer, then you can do what you bloody well like. Amazingly they completely backed down over the gas meter, and said all they _really_ wanted to do was replace the electricity meter. A bloke turned up, and replaced the electricity meter with another dumb one.

Might have all changed now of course.....

Reply to
Mark Carver