Smart meters for stupid people

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dave W snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> writes

My twopennorth

Rural supplies are sufficiently flakey without inviting the supplier to have remote control of individual outlets.

The end game, apart from meter reading manpower savings, is the time of day price variation rendered necessary by over reliance on wind and Sunpower.

The inevitable shift away from coal and gas should have led to new nuclear with as much storage as could be achieved without over upsetting the Welsh and Scots.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Because he is a dinosaur who can't even manage to work out how to answer an incoming call on a iphone even tho it says very clearly, slide to answer.

Reply to
Jock

I dint own an I-phone.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But you did say that you couldn't work that out with someone else's iphone, and that is why you wouldn't have one.

Reply to
Jock

Actually, no, I didnt. I couldn't work out how to insert a SIM in an I-phone

It's my android phone that doesn't respond to swipe to answer 5 times out of 6.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes you did, and I posted a screen shot of that screen to rub your nose in it.

That too. Too stupid to look at the micro manual that tells you how to do that.

You didn't say that the iphone didn't respond, you claimed it wasn't clear how to answer an incoming call.

Reply to
Jock

Oh dear.

Reply to
charles

Really, really who cares? :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Is this Rod again?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Of course it is.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The micro manual was read 6 times. all it said was 'insert the sim in the phone'

That was the android phone. You are getting senile and forgetting things, and lying, Rodders.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course. Not been a 'jock' on here for years and he claims to remember conversations on here a year ago.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And you were too stupid to google it.

Nope.

Nope. Too lazy to use groups google to prove you are wrong, because its so f***ed.

Reply to
Jock

I don't think the micro-manual is relevant. I'm sure that I turned on my iPhone 6S and first thing, it gave instructions how to insert the SIM. Use a paperclip (unfolded) and insert it here (diagram) on the side, and press. This releases a little tray into which you insert the SIM (diagram). Then push the little tray closed until it clicks. End of.

Reply to
Tim Streater

my phone came with a little tool to use instead of wrecking a paper clip.

Reply to
charles

I am absolutely sure that this one did not

And the paper instructions certainly did not say 'switch on and follow on screen instructions'

I had to go online to answer the fundamental question.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This phone came with the clip, but no instructions as to what it was for.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We need automatic concordance analysis in newsreaders...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yep.

Nope, the iphone comes with the thing you use.

and insert it here (diagram) on the side, and

Yep, he is so stupid he couldn't even manage that.

Or even google it if he managed to ignore the startup display on its screen.

Reply to
Jock

Yep, all iphones do.

Reply to