Smart central heating/ wifi controls

I'm seriously considering installing one of these Nest/Hive-type gizmos to control my central heating. There are so many of them around now, with different generations too - anyone got any recomendations/dos and don'ts etc?
My CH is on a single zone. Boiler is a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30i; I see that W-B now have their own dedicated "Wave" smart thermostat - am wondering whether that might be worth considering specifically because it seems to integrate better with the boiler controls, allowing weather compensation for example (which has to be a good thing?)
Any thoughts most welcome!
Installed Hive to run a Worcester Bosch 28i, basically does what it says on the box. Only slight gripe is the hysteresis in the system tends to slight ly overheat the room by about half a degree. Installation was quite easy an d getting the app working was straight forward. I had one slight wiring pro blem but figured it out in the end.
Richard
On 03/08/2017 13:52, Lobster wrote:

I'm just working-up to a big installation of Honeywell Evohome - it gives room level control plus boiler control, which I don't think the others provide.
On 03/08/17 13:52, Lobster wrote:

Heatgenius is really good:
https://www.geniushub.co.uk/
As that's all they make, and they use standard ZWave parts, I don;t see the system going obsolete.
Benefits is with batter radio rad valves, you can make it a multizone system without plumbing alterations.
On 03/08/2017 13:52, Lobster wrote:

I have a Heatmiser Smartstat. It has a wired connection to the boiler and in my case there is a separate temperature sensor which has a wired connection to the Smartstat.
It is a programmable thermostat with 4 changes per day. It switches the boiler on if the temperature falls by 0.5 deg C.
It can be operated locally by pressing buttons, using an Android app or running the app on Windows 10 using Chrome + ARC Welder.
Remote operation needs Wifi + a broadband internet connection.
It clearly relies on a Heatmiser remote server somewhere which I don't have to pay for.
It does not have any weather compensation but as the bungalow has a combi boiler more sized to provide hot water it heats up very quickly anyway.
Initially I was disappointed was that the lowest temp I could set for standby was 7C rather than 5C. However I have since found that I really need 10C to stop damp problems.
I would have preferred something which I could access using a web browser but did not manage to find a suitable product 21 months ago. I would then have been able to access the product using some obscure port translation on the broadband router.
--
Michael Chare