Small man-hole / inspection chamber

Hi all,

I've recently run a trench from the side of my house down to my garage and run some conduit piping. I've pulled through some initial cables and will run them into my house; however I'd like to retain the option to pull through more in the future. As a result, I'd like to fit something like a small man-hole (into which the conduit terminates) that will allow me to easily access. I'd pictured something fairly small and rectangular - maybe 12-18 inches long and approximately half the width.

My initial searches have proved unsuccessful (lots of stuff relating to drainage), but I'm fairly sure it's because I'm using the wrong terminology. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of a supplier that could help me!

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
Can2002

Comtec do some GRP joint boxen intended for the telecomms industry -

242 ISTR...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Thanks Frank, I'll take a look.

Chris

Reply to
Can2002

small rodding hatch thingy from a plumber's merchant?

Reply to
Steve Walker

I certainly wouldn't go any smaller you need to be able to get your hands in an possibly more importantly have a straight pull of more than 3"...

There must be telecom type things about as you often see BT type lids in the pavement about that size. Donno on cost but might be worth comparing against circular drainage holes bases, sides and covers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cheers Steve, Chris

Reply to