Smag (Rant)

Top of the Range... That's where we part company.

We've just bought our second 'bottom of the range' microwave in 42 years. Dunno if this one will last as long.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Designed to sell to people who think that buying it makes them look smarter than they really are. Its called marketing.

Tough and basic.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Last flat bottom kettle I disassembled had what looked like a “C” shaped element in a metal tube integrated into the metal base. Not sure how you screen print that.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

common. Bigger efficiency gains come from thick film elements: you end up with much smaller thermal capacity. They can be made by printing a paste onto an insulated metal plate before it is fired. But I've not seen a cheap kettle with one.

Reply to
Robin

I've just been out there. I never had the nerve to try the fancy toilet modes.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris