Slow flow from tap

My hot tap, normal type with jumper and washer, in the downstairs cloakroom has gradually become harder to turn on and now refuses to open at all. We are not in a hard water area, i.e. we never have problems with kettles furring up etc. I know it means taking the tap apart and cleaning it, but what would be the best way to prevent this occurring in the future? Thanks, BobS

Reply to
BobS

A smear of silicone grease around the shaft. Available from Plumb Center.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler