Slotted Concrete Fence Posts

Any suggestions as to how to make it difficult for a person (kids) intent on intruding lifting a fence panel and climbing under it? I thought of wedges but these will probably cause warping as it will reduce expansion opportunities. The fence is new and backs onto some public lock-up garages.
--

Regards

John

Drill a hole in the groove in the post, above the top edge of each panel , insert a wallplug and a hefty screw. Bob's your aunty!
you can buy a metal (metclip) that should do the job for you. http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/category/category.jsp?CATID 1697
On Sat, 8 May 2004 19:27:09 +0100, "John"

I drilled into the bottom of the fence rail and into the gravel board, stuck a plug in with no nails for good measure and then screwed each panel down at each end. Might add they are panels I made so the rails are quite sturdy and each slat has four screws in it too.
Mark S.

reduce
1) Sharp nails poking through the bottom of the fence right where their hands will be. Of course, the nails were there quite by accident! Nice rusty ones will make them remember what they did wrong! :) (cue evil laugh)
2) Not so accidentally, a line of razor wire on the inside of the fence that doesn't lift with the panel
3) A Rottweiller
4) Just borrow my missus, she'll scare them away ! :)
Actually, I like the drilling a hole at the top and sticking a bloody great bolt right through. Back this up with a security light for nighttime. Maybe you could extend this idea with metal poles from post to post and make them look like an atractive part of the fence?
regards Tony
On Sat, 8 May 2004 19:27:09 +0100, "John"

Razer wire / electrcution may be illegal, but will be fun.
Some sort of bracket/screw in the top of the slot should do the trick.
Rick

intent
reduce
Just keep cattle in your garden and it becomes legal provided clearly labelled and on your side of the fence.