Slip case for 2xAA batteries?

Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection they'd rattle around damage the camera.

I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say? But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.

There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...

Any creative ideas welcome!

Thanks

Reply to
Lobster

HOw about getting an old piece of towelling and running up a small pounch out of a piece of that?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Lobster :

Cut the thumb off a rubber glove.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Paper mache would be more fun.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm sure there must still be small cases available that will fit on your camera strap.

Reply to
Bruce

QD Stores are selling some very good Lowe Alpine digicam cases for

99p.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

A block of styrofoam, cut to the right size, can be made into a battery holder by drilling out holes of the appropriate size. You can even drill out the hole by hand since you don't need the torque of an electric drill. Put the block in a small plastic baggie in the case because the block will "shed" small particles of foam over time.

Such a block will not last over few months, but can be duplicated easily.

Those green blocks of florist's foam (obtainable from a craft store) shed less and hold up better.

Reply to
tony cooper

Er, what you need is a better camera case: there are zillions cheaply available, and very clever they can be too. As the spare batteries tend to be almost dead by the time you want to use them anyway, I find I need to carry several spares - and a charger in the car too. This means a handy gadget bag - in my case only 8"x6"x3" - in which I can carry wondrous numbers of batteries, small tools, plasters, notebooks, camera and binoculars. Rarely go anywhere without it.

Spamlet

There's dozens of camera cases (with pouches) here* for under a fiver, and you'll probably need more than 2 spare batteries anyway - mine don't tend to last very long at all and so i always carry 2 extra sets, along with the set in the camera.

here*

Phil L

There's dozens of camera cases (with pouches) here* for under a fiver, and you'll probably need more than 2 spare batteries anyway - mine don't tend to last very long at all and so i always carry 2 extra sets, along with the set in the camera.

here*

Phil L

I use a very cheap plastic battery box I bought from MUTR. It has contacts and a switch too, but I just ignore those.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Empty yoghurt carton, sticky back plastic.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A 'man bag'. I carry one as well, very useful.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you live in the US and have access to a Fry's store, check out what they have. You might find what you need there; I have several 4-cell polyethylene cases I bought at one of their stores. Allen

Reply to
Allen

Bubble wrap and duct tape.

Reply to
Nervous Nick

Wrap some duct tape snugly 'sticky side out' around a pair of them, then another couple of layers of tape, sticky side in. Result will be a duct tape pouch. Some more duct tape magic will attach the pouch to the camera bag strap.

Not sure I'd want to use it, but in a push I might. :-)

Reply to
OG

Hi,

I wrap each cell individually with Saranwrap, then put both wrapped cells in another layer of Saran, seal it with Scotch tape, and it works. The "case" is small, light, translucent, and cheap.

Try it, and you'll like it.

Mort Linder

Reply to
Mort

A two cell battery holder? You might need to insulate the outside and terminals, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rubber bands will do the job.

Reply to
Peter

I regularly get laughed at about my man-bag but no one laughs when you bring out some pliers to fix their bike, or a camera to take a picture of one off event, or lend them some spare batteries or...

Cheers,

Ollie

Reply to
Ollie Clark