Slightly OT: Installing a new tumble drier

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Yes, I've done that -- large American drier with rear discharge -- turned the discharge airflow around into flat trunking. Actually in that instance no problem in fitting machine tight to the wall -- the top rear of the machine kept the lower part of the machine a few inches out from the wall. Doesn't seem to impede the airflow unduly, either.

John

Reply to
John MacLeod

Assuming you measure it up carefully, its probably a lot less hassle than trying to get those floppy extending hoses hooked up and staying put!

(Someone else who does not disconnect the filling loop on the heating system I note... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

trying to get those floppy extending hoses hooked up and

note... ;-)

My vented tumble dryer has never been (vented outside, that is). Over the years nothing terrable has happend to it, or the kitchen where it lives.

Anything particular I should watch out for?

Reply to
Graham.

Yes that was the Mark I version - wasn't very effective and a bugger to hook up to the wall plate, whereas this one engages with it very easily and neatly.

Mm, I wondered if someone would comment on that... I see I wasn't dissapointed!

David

Reply to
Lobster

trying to get those floppy extending hoses hooked up and

I note... ;-)

A damp atmosphere and the whole place smelling like a launderette maybe? Condensation and mildew all over cold surfaces? If you aren't troubled by any of those then clearly you're fine.

David

Reply to
Lobster