(Slightly) OT - cordless phone making odd noises

got a binatone combo 2300 cordless. Works fine. But every so often, the cordless handset will make a series of loud beeps. There's 2 types, a two tone low-high, and a few seconds later a 3 note dir-der- dah ...

Battery is fine, and the base unit is about 6 m away in another room.

Can anyone shed any light. Manual says nothing about these noises - they are quite different to the intercom page feature .....

Reply to
Jethro

Probably the handset/base losing connection temporarily. Could be radio interference or a DECT protocol stack bug, or even a fudge put into the software to reset the protocol stack in order to fix a software bug they couldn't fix properly.

Reply to
Paul Herber

no idea of the precise cause - but ours does that too... (branded BT). Frequently later in the evening when things have quietened down, although that may be just when we notice. It seems to happen in 'batches' and I've always assumed it was inteference based. I have a vague memory that the display on the handset may change if you can happen to see it during the burbles.

Reply to
Michael Murray (HotM)

Signal loss (or it thinks theres a signal loss).

Mine is cured by replacing the rechargeable batteries which are knackerd by being cooked by the crap charger they sell these things with.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

A while back I had a similar problem. I was n't too worried about it but one time I went to use the phone shortly after the bleeps and heard my earlier phone conversation being played back! My guess was that a certain friend of mine whose politics were extreme left to say the least was being bugged. This made further sense when our wives fell out with each other, the bleeping stopped after a while. He told me that during the miners strike they would make plans over the phone to target a certain site and then go somewhere different. This caused the police to go to the site mentioned on the phone.

Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

Not being facetious but my experience of that brand is that it begins and ends in Bin.

Reply to
mike

Proof of a software bug. It had got itself into memo record mode, the beeps were just the indicator to start/stop recording.

Reply to
Paul Herber