Combi boiler access.

Appropriate greetings.

My grandfather has a combi boiler in the bathroom, it was installed a year or two ago. It is in a cupboard. A 'man' came around to measure something which needed access to the flu (presumably exhaust?) - the 'man' was from the company who makes the boiler and it cost nothing, but he commented that he couldn't do the measuring job due to access restrictions. By all accounts, he will return. I have been volunteered to make sure that there is appropriate access for the second coming.

What is 'appropriate access'? I don't think that being in a cupboard in itself is a bad thing - they are put in cupboards in kitchens, no? As I have yet to properly investigate this wonder, can anyone tell me what I should be looking for? (No points awarded for 'The Boiler').

Solemn declaration of thanks.

Reply to
David Paste

Cheers Harry. I'll make sure this is so.

Reply to
David Paste

The boiler manual will have detailed measurements for space required around the boiler in all directions for maintenance. It varies a fair bit between models. Where we've had boilers fitted in cupboards, we've often had to make part of the cupboard removable to give enough access.

andrew

The boiler manual should specify the access distances required. My neighbour had that problem, and it was the top cross piece of the cupboard that was preventing access to some test point on the flue. I replaced it with a detachable panel that just sits on a couple of brackets. Fortunately it was a tall cupboard with other shelves to provide stability.

Reply to
stuart noble