Slightly alarming email from my son

Slightly alarming email from my son: "Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall, really, but it's very much on view.

Reply to
GB

Well on the bright side, at least he is having a go!

Reply to
John Rumm

Inherited? Haha! You are Yosser Hughes AICMFP.

Reply to
Robin

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Adam Funk

there are an infinite number of arrangements to build a wonky brick wall but only one that builds a true wall.

so its amazing that true walls are ever built

Reply to
Tjoepstil

There's a one day course at the local college I keep meaning to do; "Build a brick wall."

Reply to
Huge

depends if it's holding anything up

Ivy doesn't care if it's wonky. If you can't wait, get some plastic ivy until the real stuff grows.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It's the prerequisite to a much longer course called "build a straight, nice-looking brick wall"!

Reply to
Adam Funk

Tell him to start at the bottom and not the top :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

So give some bricks and mortar and a trowel to an ape and observe.

Reply to
bert

Adam should give some sockets and cable to an ape and compare the result with some apprentices.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I did a 2 day course at a local building trades college. It was really good, and really enjoyable.

Did another 2 day course on plastering - also excellent. That was actually spilt into 1 day new plastering/rendering, half day repairing broken plaster/render, and half a day on special finishes, of which you chose one relevant to you (I chose pebbledash, as there are some decorative pebbledash panels on first floor of my house).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel